Gateways & Doors

As I've touched on in my previous post - I steer away from things in the world that might be okay, but might not be okay that might be considered occult-ish. Examples would be horror movies (although they used to be my favorite!), horror games, Ouija boards, contacting spirit guides, astral projection, fortune telling, tarot reading, palm reading, rune reading, mysticism, etc. And especially books on these topics.

Nothing under the sun is new. Many of these things, especially contacting spirits and fortune reading, are old practices that have been done throughout the ages. Modern culture treats these things as fun games. I can't tell you how many sleepovers I had as a kid that involved invoking Bloody Mary or Candyman. It sounds ridiculous, I know. These are fictional characters. What harm can it do? Kids will be kids, people are just messing around. It's all for fun, yadda yadda.

And maybe that act doesn't open a gateway or a door. But you are, subconsciously, lowering your guard and letting dark forces know that you're open to this and that it's okay. You then are open to fear, anxiety, depression, and much more. Nothing good can come from doing these things. Nothing.

How do I know? Because it happened to me and I see it happening to my friends and family. I used to read those books, meditate, try astral projection, try contacting spirit guides (most of this was done in my teens). But even in my adult years, I loved horror games and movies. I, regrettably, have a tattoo of a voodoo doll on my right arm (this was before I was saved ok?!). It's better than the one I almost got - a cute little kitty cat with an inverted cross on it's forehead. 😳  

But that's how prevalent these things are! Pop culture, especially music videos, have satanic themes and imagery. Don't believe me? A few examples below:

https://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/the-toxic-messages-in-sweetest-pie-by-megan-thee-stallion-and-dua-lipa/

https://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/demon-high-by-lil-uzi-vert-bringing-elite-sickness-to-young-people/

https://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/the-occult-meaning-of-lil-nas-xs-montero-and-the-symbolism-of-his-satan-shoes/

https://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/the-dark-meaning-of-all-the-good-girls-go-to-hell-by-billie-eilish/

https://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/the-blatant-occult-symbolism-of-up-by-young-thug-and-lil-uzi-vert/

Why do famous people continue to use Satanic and occult themes and imagery? Because their job, as celebrities, is to influence. There's a lot of money to be made influencing the masses. Look at how much money corporations and celebrities spend on social media campaigns and advertising.

So what can you do? Make every effort to guard your heart and mind by not consuming these types of media. Don't buy their records, don't stream their videos. There are other, better artists out there with better messages (and I'm not just referring to Christian artists). Pray often. Prayer doesn't need to be formal or long. Just have a conversation with God. Ask for His protection. And be aware of the media you consume. If you feel yourself getting depressed, anxious, or afraid - consider what you've been reading, watching, playing, etc. That may not always be the reason, but since I've changed my habits, my depression and anxiety have all but evaporated.

Ephesians 6:12 ESV 

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

1 John 4:1-21 ESV 

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them.

Colossians 3:2 ESV 

Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.





Comments